Shop by Category
Data Recovery Cost (Prices)
DATA RECOVERY PROCESS & MEDIA EVALUATION
It is very critical to qualify the reason for your data loss. The correct diagnosis will allow the engineers to apply the most cost effective technique to recover you data. Data recovery is a complex process which requires specialised tools and software. It takes years of practice to perfect head and platter replacements.
With Our 25 Year Experience - We Will Get Your Data Back
HOW IS YOUR "MEDIA FREE EVALUATION & ASSESSMENT" PERFORMED ?
Our 25 year industry experience has taught us one thing – we exist because of our customers. The complimentary evaluation of the media is an attempt to get your valuable data recovered with minimum loss and at the best price. Engineers will go through an extensive data recovery protocol to identify the best method to maximise your data recovery chances.
Our Free Evaluation will include Diagnostic Processes to identify Software (Logical), Electronic & Mechanical issues that are potentially responsible for your data loss.
- We have invested in software solutions from industry leaders as part of your free evaluation will include the media being scanned by tools such as Ease US Data Recovery, Recuva, Stellar Phoenix Windows, Disk Drill, and Prosoft Data Rescue. We also use proprietary open source Linux based data recovery programs to analyse the data independent of the operating system installed.
- if the media is not responsive, it is then sampled by hardware tools including ACE Labs, Dolphin, MRT Lab, Atola, DeepSpar, and Salvation Data to have a deeper introspection of the data file structures.
- Drive Images are created subsequently to analyse the state of data loss & type of recovery technique required.
All of the above is performed by our trained engineers as part of the “Free Evaluation” to maximise the chances of your data recovery.
Brisbane Based Lab - Local Engineers - In House Data Recovery
HOW IS YOUR DATA RECOVERED ?
Precision Computers sets the industry standard affordable data recovery services in Brisbane. Our experienced engineers are well trained in data recovery, and we have a record of success. If you have lost your data or you think that your Hard Disk Drive might be at risk, then do not hesitate to contact us for a free evaluation and quote. We at Precision Computers pride ourselves on being punctual and timely with our Hard Drive data recovery service. We aim to recover every bit of lost data quickly and efficiently so that our customers can get back up to speed as soon as possible. Our seasoned technicians understand how vital it is to remain in possession of your Hard Drive’s data, and will work tirelessly to ensure your data is recovered at the soonest possible time.
STAGE 1 – INITIAL ASSESSMENT & LOGICAL LEVEL RECOVERY
- Each case begins with a “Free Initial Diagnostic” to determine the potential for data recovery.
- The initial diagnosis determines the type of Data Loss, Type of Recovery Required & Chances of a Successful Data Recovery. We use state of the art Data Recovery Software & Hardware Tools to maximise the chances of data recovery at the lowest cost.
- If the results are positive the first priority is to create a raw image of the data to avoid further data loss. No Data – No Fee applies if zero data is irrecoverable.
- Based on the Results a Quote is provided & You can then decide whether to proceed or not.
STAGE 2 - FOR COMPLEX RECOVERIES & CLEAN ROOM SERVICE
- If your media requires service / repair or clean room services (Physical Damage, Mechanical or Electronic Failure) to obtain a Drive Image necessary for data recovery, an upfront fee may be applicable to cover these costs which will also include any spare parts or donor drives if necessary.
- Once the Data Image has been obtained, we will then provide a Quote to Recover Your Data based on the Results.
- Once we have the approval we will endeavour to complete the data recovery process and transfer the files to an external storage media.
WHAT WILL DATA RECOVERY COST ?
Unfortunately Data Recovery being a complex process can turn out be an expensive exercise. It is difficult to quote without assessing the drive. It can be as low as $195 for jobs that require simple data recovery from operational hard disk drives to a lot more for Complex Data Recovery for damaged hard disk drives or clustered drives in a Raid System. Our Free Evaluation & Assessment Process usually provides a good indication of the likely results and cost involved.
The table below will give you an idea of the costs involved with the type of data recovery required. This information is a guideline based on our 25 year data recovery experience.
FREE ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION -"NO CHARGE & OBLIGATION FREE"
Jobs with simple logical, firmware, or Drive Imaging problems
Complex jobs with Data Encryption, Firmware Repair, Sticking Heads.
PCB Repairs, ROM Programming and Complex Data Reconstruction.
Head & Platter Repair / Replacements, NAS, Simple RAID Arrays
Special requests outside the above scope will be quoted on inspection. A deposit may be required after the "Initial Assessment & Free Evaluation" on class 3, 4 and 5 jobs to cover our clean room or service & repair costs which includes any spare parts if necessary in order to obtain a drive image. This amount will be deducted from the final quote on successful data recovery.
DATA RECOVERY WORKSHOP (CLEAN ROOM SERVICE)
Clean Room is a data recovery workshop, consisting of specialised hardware and software equipment. Clean rooms have a stereoscopic microscope to inspect and conduct specialised repairs, soldering station and a clean room bench such as a laminar flow unit to keep the area free from dust particles. ESD protection is another key element consideration in order to manage uncontrolled electrical discharge that can cause damage to the electronic components. ESD-protected equipment and dielectric materials are used on specialist workbenches, tools and storage gear.