Shop by Category
USB Drive Recovery
USB Flash Thumb Drive Drive Recovery
USB Flash Drives are critical in the modern world for storing important business information and cherished personal memories. This means that when a USB stick stops working our entire lives can be thrown off track. That’s where Precision Computers comes in. We offer professional and affordable USB drive recovery services for the whole Brisbane area. No matter what is stored on your USB Drive, you can trust Precision Computers to get your data back to you.
Pen drive, Thumb Drive or commonly called as USB (Universal Serial Bus) flash drive is a popular external storage device does not require any outside power source for its operation. Flash Drives usually consists of a PCB (printed circuit board) with a USB connector, power circuitry and a number of integrated circuits including a NAND flash memory where all the files are stored. At Precision we specialise in conducting Data Recoveries from all major brands such as SanDisk, Lexar, Verbatim, Toshiba, Kingston and Corsair to name a few.
USB DRIVE RECOVERY (Common Problems)
USB Flash Drive Logical Recovery: Data can easily get corrupted on USB flash drives, the common symptoms could show errors as:
- USB Flash Drive not being recognised by your PC or Laptop
- Accidentally Deleted or Overwritten
- Accidentally Formatted the USB Drive
- Error stating “Drive needs Formatting”
- Message stating “Drive Not Found”
- USB Flash Drive reporting wrong size
- Data being listed but not accessible
- Data files corrupted and only showing ASCII Symbols
- Bent, Broken, Damaged USB Flash Drives
At Precision Labs – we have invested heavily and keep up to date with latest forensic software to retrieve your valuable data cost effectively.
Broken / Damaged USB Flash Drive Recovery
The connector which acts as an interface between the NAND flash memory chip and the computer goes through a lot of wear & tear over its life time or can get accidentally damaged. This particular recovery is not complicated as the damaged connector can be easily bypassed by our engineers and 100% recovery is possible in most cases.
Electronic Failure USB Flash Disk Drive Recovery
There are electronic components on a USB Flash Drives which can fail such as the Mass Storage Controller, Crystal Oscillator, Capacitors or the PCB itself can get accidentally damaged. Protocols include repairing the drive using suitable components for the successful retrieval of data.
NAND (Flash Memory) Chip Extraction Recovery
This chip is where the data files are stored. If the drive is badly damaged, a Donor Drive is deployed and the NAND chip is transferred to the Donor drive so the data can be recovered. This type of recovery is the most complicated hence expensive. We have excellent recovery success rates using the correct tools to conduct this procedure. Data can be recovered on all types of NAND chips including TSOP48, BGA/LGA Chips, & Monolith Memory Chips. We usually need to break open the plastic case of your USB flash drive to examine the chip at our lab.
USB FLASH DRIVE RECOVERY PROCESS
Precision Computers sets the industry standard affordable services in Brisbane. Our experienced local computer technicians are well trained and with high success rate. If you have lost your data or you think that your phone might be at risk, then do not hesitate to contact us for a free evaluation and quote.
STAGE 1: FREE EVALUATION & LOGICAL RECOVERY
We inspect your device and assess the extent of damage, if the device can be booted using software techniques – we will then present you with a quote and you can then decide if you would like to pursue.
- We have invested in software solutions from industry leaders as part of your free evaluation will include the media being scanned by industry standard tools. We also use proprietary open source Linux based recovery programs to analyse the data independent of the operating system installed.
- Once the data image has been created we will provide a Quote and you can then decide whether to proceed or not.
STAGE 2: COMPLEX RECOVERIES & LAB REPAIR (IF REQUIRED)
In most cases the USB Drive will be dismantled as we perform component level work on the PCB. The external casing may be destroyed in the process and may void your warranty.
- If the product is physically damaged, It may need a bypass repair or chip extraction in order to attempt recovery.
- We will advise the repair costs involved to proceed to the next step.
- Once the Data Image has been obtained, we will then provide a Quote to Recover Your Data based on the Results.
- Once we have your approval we will endeavour to complete the Job & transfer the files to an external storage media.
It is difficult to quote without assessing the device. It can be as low as $195 for jobs that require simple recovery using software techniques to a lot more for Complex Recovery for NAND chip extraction process.
Our Free Evaluation & Assessment Process usually provides a good indication of the likely results and cost involved.