Shop by Category
SSD Drive Data Recovery
LOST DATA ON YOUR SSD DRIVE?
SSD data loss can happen when you least expect it. When it does, it can leave you feeling helpless and frustrated. SSD data recovery services can help you in these situations and ensure your SSD data recovery is quick & efficient. SSD data recovery is a process that involves salvaging data from a failing or malfunctioning SSD.
Affordable SSD Data Recovery From $195
Call Us Today and experience the Difference!
SSD (SOLID STATE DRIVE) DATA RECOVERY
SSDs are designed for security, speed and durability. They are less prone to mechanical failure as they have no moving parts, but if there is one place an SSD falls short in contrast to a HDD is the ease of data recovery. When it comes to data recovery the biggest difference between SSDs and HDDs is the usage of magnetic recording to store data versus using electronic recording. SSD uses NAND flash, while HDD uses glass or aluminium platters coated with a thin magnetic alloy.
COMMON FAILURES IN SOLID-STATE DRIVES REQUIRING DATA RECOVERY
Although they are resilient and can handle environmental impacts, such as shock, temperature and physical vibration, SSD data is still susceptible to electrical damage, firmware corruption and controller failure. Three common types of flash/SSD failures are user error and environmental influences, electronics component failure, and system area corruption.
Some of the challenges specific to data recovery with SSDs include several manufacturers in the SSD space, lack of standards in NAND manufacturing, proprietary chip pinouts, proprietary wear levelling algorithms, proprietary encryption, use of glue and other epoxy-like substances on the NAND chips and microscopic traces, along with many others.
Various operating system functions like TRIM and software components like background data collection (BGC) can be the most accounted reasons for the extended software complexity of retrieving data on SSD.
SOFTWARE MALFUNCTION – LOGICAL SSD DATA RECOVERY
A file system defines the internal data organisation format on an SSD. The file system also controls access to both the metadata and contents of a file that exists in SSD as an entity. Data loss in SSD drives can happen due to the following reasons.
- File system failure on SSD
- Corruption of SSD data due to viruses or malware
- Accidental deletion of files
- Irregularities in the Flash translation layer(FTL) of SSD
- SSD data corruption due to power outages
We use advanced SSD data recovery tools that employ a search algorithm to look out for the previously existing file systems and consequentially determine the physical address of previously existing content and the metadata. Hence it recovers the data by establishing a new file system for the orphaned data which helps in the reconstruction of the file system.
HARDWARE MALFUNCTION – CHIP EXTRACTION METHOD
- Hardware malfunction on an SSD occurs when there is physical damage or a functional failure in the internal circuitry of the SSD.
- SSDs are made of NAND flash memory; these components are similar to the ones used in USB flash drives. Chip extraction involves removing the main memory component of the SSD which is NAND flash chips from the PCB board and connecting it to a donor board.
- The other techniques may involve repairing or reconstructing the damaged hardware components and replacing them to make the SSD accessible by the data recovery equipment.
FREE EVALUATION & ASSESSMENT - "No Charge & Obligation Free"
Our Free Evaluation will include Diagnostic Processes to identify Software (Logical) and Electronic issues that are potentially responsible for your data loss.
- We have invested in software solutions from industry leaders as part of your free evaluation will include the media being scanned by proprietary tools to analyse the data independent of the operating system installed.
- if the media is not responsive, it is then sampled by hardware tools by ACE Labs to assess and repair the drive.
- Drive Images are created subsequently to analyse the state of data loss & type of recovery technique required.
All of the above is performed by our trained engineers as part of the “Free Evaluation” to maximise the chances of your data recovery.
DATA RECOVERY PROCESS & NO DATA NO FEE POLICY
STAGE 1 – INITIAL ASSESSMENT & LOGICAL LEVEL RECOVERY
- Each case begins with a “Free Initial Diagnostic” to determine the potential for data recovery.
- The initial diagnosis determines the type of Data Loss, Type of Recovery Required and chances of a Successful Data Recovery. We use state-of-the-art Data Recovery Software and hardware Tools to maximise the chances of data recovery at the lowest cost.
- If the results are positive the first priority is to create a raw image of the data to avoid further data loss. No Data – No Fee applies if zero data is irrecoverable.
- Based on the Results a Quote is provided and you can then decide whether to proceed or not.
STAGE 2 - FOR COMPLEX RECOVERIES AND CLEAN ROOM SERVICE
- If your hard drive requires services such as repair or clean room services which include Physical Damage and mechanical or Electronic Failure) to obtain a Hard Drive Image necessary for data recovery we move to this stage.
- Once the Data Image has been obtained, we will then provide a Quote to Recover Your Data based on the Results.
- Once we have the approval we will endeavour to complete the data recovery process and transfer the files to an external storage media.
WHAT WILL DATA RECOVERY COST?
Unfortunately, Data Recovery being a complex process can turn out to be an expensive exercise. It is difficult to quote without assessing the drive. It can be as low as $295 for jobs that require logical data recovery from operational solid-state drives to a lot more for Complex Data Recovery for damaged drives. Our Free Evaluation and assessment Process usually provides a good indication of the likely results and cost involved.
We understand that unforeseen data loss can be distressing & at times an expensive exercise. We are committed to making the data recovery process as seamless and stress-free as possible, which is why we offer flexible payment methods to suit your needs. Whether you prefer the convenience of Bank Transfer or the security of Credit Card payments, we've got you covered. Additionally, we believe that financial constraints should never be a hindrance to recovering your valuable data. That's why we offer convenient payment plans, including humm, Zip Pay, and Pay in 4 instalments by PayPal. With these options, you can now focus on getting back your precious data without worrying about upfront costs. Trust us with your data recovery needs, and we'll ensure your experience is smooth, affordable, and successful.
One case study involves a customer who had accidentally deleted their files from their SSD drive. The customer had important work-related documents and could not afford to lose them. The data recovery company was able to use its advanced software tools to locate and recover deleted files, resulting in successful data recovery.
Another case study involves a customer whose SSD drive had physical damage due to a power surge. The customer had important family photos stored on the drive and was devastated at the thought of losing them. The data recovery company was able to extract the NAND flash chips from the SSD drive and connect them to a donor board, allowing them to retrieve the customer's precious memories.
Finally, a third case study involves a customer whose SSD drive had a firmware corruption that caused the drive to stop working. The customer had important files related to their business and could not afford to lose them. The data recovery company was able to use its proprietary tools to diagnose the issue and repair the firmware, resulting in successful data recovery.
These are just a few examples of the many successful data recovery cases we have handled for our customers. We strive to provide fast, reliable, and cost-effective solutions for all types of data loss situations. Please refer to our Blog Section to Read More.
- Mount Gravatt
- Holland Park
- Wellers Hill
- Eight Mile Plains
- Carina Heights
- Camp Hill
- Wavell Heights North
- Wavell Heights
- Chermside South
- Chermside Centre
- Chermside West
- Stafford Heights
- Bracken Ridge
WHY CHOOSE PRECISION DATA RECOVERY?
Our 28+ years of industry experience has taught us one thing – we exist because of our customers. Precision Computers sets the industry standard for affordable recovery services in Brisbane. Our experienced engineers are well-trained, and we have a record of success.
- Australian Owned & Operated.
- High Success Rates Since 1993 - with over 28 Years of Experience.
- Qualified Data Recovery Engineer, Chief Engineer with Master's Degree (QUT).
- Brisbane-based Clean Room & Electronic Hard Drive (HDD) Repair Laboratory
- Conducting Complex Hard Drive Recoveries & Off-Chip Replacement Process
- Latest Testing Hardware Tools & Proprietary Software high success rate.
- Large Selection of Donor Drives through our Global Partner Network.
- Fixed Price Quote Upfront With NO DATA - NO FEE Policy
- Secure, Private & Confidentiality of Data Guaranteed.
- Offering 2 Convenient Locations in Brisbane with Parking
REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS (500+ REVIEWS) Since 1993
With Over 50,000 Clients since 1993 and over 500+ reviews at sites such as Google & Product Reviews, we offer our customers total peace of mind. Read Our Reviews and testimonials and see what our existing customers have to say.