The purpose is to inform you of how Precision Computer manages, collects, uses, processes, and discloses your Personal Information. It also sets out your rights about accessing the information we hold about you.
What is Personal Information?
This may include name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information about an individual we collect is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained, it will be considered personal information.
When & Why do we Collect, Hold, & Use Personal Information?
We collect, hold and may use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose.
We may collect personal information:
- When you browse our website;
- Set up and activate your account via our website;
- Place an Order with us;
- You contact us, or we contact you;
- When you submit reviews, feedback or suggestions;
- Opting to be on our mail list/newsletters;
- Participating in our surveys or marketing promotions;
Type of Personal Information we collect& hold:
- Contact Details (Name, Address, Telephone, Email);
- Financial information (credit/debit card details)
- Information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver's licence, business name or bank card;
- Details of the products and services purchased from us or made enquiries about, including any information necessary to deliver those products, services & respond to the necessary enquiries;
- Any additional information is provided directly or indirectly via our website or online presence, through our staff, representatives or otherwise.
- Data identifying your (IP address, Operating System & Browser Information, login account Information, Time zones, Geolocation information)
- Analytics data on how you use our services, including but not limited to (Page Views, Product Searched, No of Visits, Time spent on the site, URL clickstreams (the path you take through our site), Traffic sources, Page response times, download errors)
The purpose of collecting & holding information:
- Enable us to provide products or services to you;
- Managing and Administering your account, including all purchases, product tracking, deliveries, returns, exchanges and warranty claims;
- Facilitate and process orders and payments; respond to your queries or requests about the products and services we provide;
- We are providing customer support on our products& services.
- Update records and keep contact details up to date;
- Assist our third-party service providers in analysing current trends in sales in understanding customers, needs to be required to develop, improve and market our products &services;
- To relevant third parties to undertake fraud checks on finance applications if applicable;
- To our third-party service providers for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services.
- Holding information such as resumes relating to prospective employment opportunities for three months should an opportunity be available.
- Offer advice on new products & services, including for marketing & re-marketing purposes.
- Improving existing services & products;
What happens if we are unable to collect your Personal Information?
In the event you are unable to provide us with the information requested:
- We may be unable to provide goods or services requested to the standard or at all by you;
- We may be unable to provide you with the requested information about products & services;
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preference & your experience;
There is no obligation to provide any information requested by us. In which case, we may be unable to provide you with the goods& services dependent on the collection of that information.
A cookie is a small data (text) file that websites may write to your local computer storage when you visit them to store information about a user's identity, browser type or website visiting patterns. The personal information a cookie obtains is information supplied by the user, and it cannot read data from hard disks or cookie files created by other sites. Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies are stored on the user's computer & will remain valid till their set expiry date unless deleted by the user before the expiry date. A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the internet browser is closed. Our website uses both session & persistent cookies.
Internet browsers can be adjusted to disable cookies, or they can be deleted altogether if stored on your computer. However, it may affect the functionality you require on our website in this case. Some browsers are defaulted to accept & maintain cookies; auto notification can be set in your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. Our website add-ons may use third-party cookies to track users' journeys to improve the online experience; these third-party cookies can be disabled by the user.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- To carry out the above purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, body corporates or service providers for the operation of our Business &Website, fulfilling your requests, and otherwise provide products & services to you, including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, and couriers;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing and related purposes; and any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
- The nature of the internet implies that some of your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, processed or used overseas by third-party service providers or us. This may happen due to outsourcing certain activities overseas or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. You consent to collecting, using, storing, and processing your Personal Information outside of Australia.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to our Website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, such as when our website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates effectively and securely.
- When we disclose Personal Information to third parties service providers (e.g., web hosting, IT, marketing management, communications, payment services etc.), we take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we have disclosed will not be held, used or disclosed by the third-party provider inconsistently with the APPs.
- Other than as outlined in this Policy or in any notice provided to you at the time of collecting your Personal Information, your Personal Information will not be disclosed without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a life or health-threatening situation or requested as an authorised requirement by law, (reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Unsolicited personal information
In addition to the services we provide to you, we may also use your Personal Information to inform you about products, offers, services and competitions that we feel might interest you. We may communicate via forms such as (mail & email) following applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
We will endeavour to use your indicated mode of communication whenever practical. In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below),
- Using the "Unsubscribe" link included in any email;
- By sending us an Email Request;
- Using the "Newsletter Preferences" functionality in your account; or
- Or contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways as specified (below)
Third-Party Loyalty Programs & Bonus Redemptions
Any loyalty programs or bonus redemption offers are through third-party providers. Personal information collected as part of these programs and redemptions is processed following the third-party provider's privacy policies.
Third-Party Website Links
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, and they may collect your Personal Information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or third-party websites accessed via the links on our website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of third-party websites when you access their link to visit their website.
Security and Storage
Security measures are in place to protect your Personal Information under our control against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, destruction, modification, alteration or disclosure. We also ensure that our personal information is de‐identified or destroyed securely when no longer required for any permitted purpose.
As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, the information provided is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we take all reasonable steps to secure the data on our or our service providers' systems.
It is your responsibility of keeping your passwords & account information confidential. You can change your account information or change your passwords periodically by logging in to the website.
How can you access and update your Personal Information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, we will then provide you with an opportunity to correct any of your personal information. If you require access to, or if you need to correct details of your personal information, please get in touch with us (see details below)
We will treat your requests confidentially. If you have any concerns with the handling of your personal information, Our Privacy Officer will endeavour to resolve your queries promptly, as per the process below:
- Acknowledgement receipt of your query & provide you with a reasonable timeframe for resolution;
- Liaise with relevant departments within Precision Computers to collate information to resolve your query;
- Providing you with a resolution promptly.
P.O. Box 271
Virginia BC, QLD 4014
Changes to this Policy